Save your house from the gingerbread house mess! Check out all of these Gingerbread House Workshops coming up.
- Whole Foods Bee Cave- November 23, from 2-3 p.m. Bring the family and come down to Whole Foods Market Bee Cave for a make-and-take gingerbread house decorating workshop! Our friendly bakery team will be there to advise and assist your endless decorating options and to serve you hot chocolate to boot! Cost: $25. Whole Foods, 12601 Hill Country Blvd., Bee Cave.
- Fifth Annual Neill-Cochran House Gingerbread House Raising- November 23 and 24, from 1- 3 p.m. The Gingerbread House-Raising event will be an opportunity for participants to decorate and keep their very own gingerbread houses while learning about Greek Revival architecture and the history of the Neill-Cochran House Museum. All materials will be provided, and culinary students from the Art Institute of Austin and members of the Lake Austin Chapter of the National Charity League will be on hand to assist children. Free hot chocolate, cookies and other beverages will be provided by Sterling Catering and Affairs. Parents/guardians are required to stay with their children for the entirety of the event. Cost: $15 per participating child. Reserve a spot for your child by calling 512.478.2335 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Neill-Cochran House, 2310 San Gabriel Street.
- Central Market North Lamar- Friday, November 29, 6p.m. ages 5-12 and parent; Saturday, November 30, 10:00 a.m. to Noon ages 5-12; Sunday, December 1 at 11 a.m. for adults only. Saturday, December 7 at 10 a.m. ages 5-12 and 4 p.m. for kids ages 5-12 and a parent; Sunday, December 8 at 6:30 p.m. for adults only. These miniature works of art are as tasty as they are captivating and so much fun to make! We’ll provide an authentic Swiss Lebkuchen gingerbread house, lots of royal icing and mountains of candy. Just bring your creativity and imagination. Boxes will be provided to transport your masterpiece home. Cost: ranges from $40- $65 depending on class. Central Market, 4001 N. Lamar Blvd. Note: Some classes are already full but a waiting list is available.
- Foodie Kids- November 29 from 10-11 a.m., 12-1 p.m., 2-3 p.m.; Saturday, December 7 and 14 from 9:30- 10:30 a.m. Ages 4 and under must be accompanied by an adult, 5 and older may attend with or without an adult. Cost: $45. Foodie Kids, 3818 Far West Blvd., Suite 107.
- Whole Foods Downtown- December 12, 17, 19, and 26th, from 6-8 p.m. Make a gingerbread house with us and take it with you! Join us for a sweet holiday class, featuring the expertise of our Bakery Team Leader. Email email@example.com to register. Cost: $30. Whole Foods, 525 N. Lamar Blvd.
- Whole Foods Gateway- Sunday, December 15 at 10:00 a.m. Make and Take your gingerbread house for a cost of $30 which includes all supplies. Whole Foods Gateway, 9607 Research Blvd.
- The Thinkery– December 14, 15, 21, 22, 23, 24, various times. Gingerbread workshops celebrate creative families in a fun and festive atmosphere. These one hour workshops provide everything necessary to build and decorate a gingerbread house to take home and enjoy. Workshop participants also have a chance to explore the Thinkery and play with friends after their workshop. It’s a unique way for all ages to enjoy a seasonal tradition of making together. Our gingerbread is baked fresh at La Mexicana Bakery, a family-owned bakery in South Austin since 1989. Cost: Gingerbread houses are $20 each and workshop tickets are $8 per person or $4 per Member. Workshop participants must purchase at least one gingerbread house and a seat for each adult and child. We recommend 2-3 people per house, but you may reserve as many seats and houses as you like. Museum admission is included in the purchase of a workshop and is encouraged after the workshop has concluded. Tot Worksghops for kids under 3 are also available. The Thinkery, 1830 Simond Ave.
- Craft Afternoon– Friday, Dec 20, from 3 pm – 6 pm. Drop your child off for a fun afternoon of holiday crafts. We will read a holiday story and make a gingerbread house, an ornament, a marshmallow snowman, a reindeer headband and a candy cane reindeer. Children will be served a snack, hot cocoa and cookies. Children are welcome to wear their pajamas if they wish. Fee: $25 Description Ages 3 – 7 (must be potty trained). Register at https://activenet014.active.com/cityofcedarpark. Cedar Park Recreation Center Community Rooms, 1435 Main Street, Cedar Park.