2014 Easter Egg Hunts and Events in Austin and the ‘Burbs
Easter egg hunts, Bunny sightings, Egg-stravaganzas and more! We’ve got you covered for all of your favorite Easter activities in Austin and the ‘burbs. Many thanks to Brilliant Sky Toys and Books for sponsoring this roundup of events. Be sure to check out their event happening on April 5th and use their 20% off coupon while there!
- Hoppin’ Easter Breakfafst at Whole Foods- Tuesday, April 1, from 9- 10:30 a.m. Bring the kiddos for complimentary breakfast and crafts and snap some photos with our wily rabbit! FREE!! Whole Foods Domain, 11920 Domain Drive.
- Meet the Easter Bunny and Get Your Face Painted- Saturday, April 5th from 10 a.m. -1 p.m. Meet the Easter Bunny and enjoy Face Painting!!! 20% Off all Melissa & Doug products and use your 20% coupon off of 1 item (cannot be combined with Melissa & Doug offer). FREE! Sky Toys and Books, 701 S. Capital of Texas Hwy.
- Hancock Hop-a-Palooza 2014- Saturday, April 5 from 10:00am – 12:00pm. Bring your friends, family, and neighbors and join the fun at this year’s Community Easter Egg Hunt. Activities include: Easter Egg Hunt, Face Painting, Field Games, Carnival Games, Bounce House, Easter Crafts, Cake Hop, Pictures with the Easter Bunny. Pre-K Egg Hunt: 10:30am; K-2nd Egg Hunt: 11:00am; 3rd-5th Egg Hunt: 11:30am. Don’t forget to bring your basket and camera! FREE! Hancock Recreation Center, 811 E. 41st Street.
- Montopolis Easter Celebration- Saturday, April 5,from 10:30am – 12:00pm. Children up to 12 years old will have an opportunity to look for the golden egg at this year’s eggstravaganza! There will be arts and crafts, and face painting. Also, expect a very special visit by the Easter Bunny. Prizes for this event are donated by the Travis County Sheriff’s Posse. FREE! Montopolis Recreation Center, 1200 Montopolis Drive.
- Hoppin’ Easter Breakfast at Whole Foods- Tuesday, April 8, from 9- 10:30 a.m. Bring the kiddos for complimentary breakfast and crafts and snap some photos with our wily rabbit! FREE!! Whole Foods Domain, 11920 Domain Drive.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Dove Springs Rec Center- Saturday, April 12, from 10:00am – 12:00pm. Please join us for Dove Springs Recreation Center’s Easter Egg Hunt Celebration! FREE! Age Groups: walking toddlers- 2 , 3 – 5 , 6 – 8 and 9 – 12. Dove Springs Recreation Center, 5801 Ainez Drive.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Dottie Jordan Rec Center- Saturday, April 12, at 10:00am. Kids will enjoy face painting, bracelet making and an Easter Egg Hunt! Please bring the children and enjoy the fun. FREE! Dottie-Jordan Recreation Center, 2803 Loyola Lane.
Egg Hunt and Picnic at the Capitol - Saturday, April 12, from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Join First United Methodist Church and the Easter Bunny for an early Egg Hunt and Roll and Family Picnic on the Capitol Grounds. Bring your cameras, blankets, Easter baskets, and a picnic lunch for your family! BBQ and hot dogs will be available for donations for our church ministries. This event is FREE and open to the public. Please bring non-perishable food donations for the Capital Area Food Bank. Texas State Capitol Grounds, West Lawns, Colorado and 12th Street.
- Egg Rush at Dittmar Recreation Center- Saturday, April 12, from 12:00pm – 2:00pm. Join us for an egg rush! The Easter Bunny will be visiting with crafts and treats to share will all the kids. Come early to meet the Easter Bunny himself and get a picture before the hunt begins! Children will be grouped off by age range and given a countdown to collect as many eggs as possible. Eggs with a marked prize paper may go up to the registration table to collect their prize. The hunt doesn’t last long so be sure to come early so you don’t miss out! Cost: $1 per child. Dittmar Recreation Center, 1009 W. Dittmar Road.
- Metz Easter Celebration – Saturday, April 12 from 10 a.m. – noon. Everyone is invited to come and participate in the Metz Recreation Center Community Easter Egg Hunt! This event is for children 12 and under, and it’s FREE fun for the entire family. For information, call (512) 478-8716. Metz Recreation Center, 2407 Canterbury.
- Gus Garcia Recreation Center Easter Celebration – Saturday, April 12 at noon. Gus Garcia Recreation Center, 1201 E. Rundberg Lane.
- South Austin Easter Eggstravaganza- Saturday, April 12, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Come one, come all to the South Austin Recreation Center for our Easter Egg/Open House Event. Bring the whole family out to hunt for eggs, decorate eggs, take pictures with the Easter Bunny and play games. Along with the Easter Event we will have our Open House where there will be music, food, and some different vendors from around the neighborhood. FREE! South Austin Recreation Center, 11 Cumberland Road.
- Helicopter Easter Egg Drop – Saturday, April 12 at 5 p.m. Austin Ridge Bible Church Southwest Campus will drop 10,000 Eggs from a helicopter! It is a FREE event with bouncers and a Giant Easter Egg Hunt! Come with the family; for ages up to 5th grade! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. 7416 West Hwy 71.
- Easter Event at Monogram Lady – Sunday, April 13, from noon – 2 p.m. Get your picture taken with the Easter Bunny, enjoy a baby animal petting zoo, and hear music by Mr. Will! There will be light healthy snacks for adults and kids. Foodie Kids will be offering $4.99 cupcake decorating. There will also be prizes, giveaways, and discounts in the store. FREE! 3818 Far West Blvd.
- Southwest Family YMCA Easter Egg Hunt-Sunday, April 13, from 1-4 p.m. Join us for the annual Southwest Family YMCA Easter Egg Hunt. Open to the community for games, inflatables and searching for Easter eggs. FREE! Southwest YMCA, 6219 Oakclaire Drive.
- Hoppin’ Easter Breakfast at Whole Foods- Tuesday, April 15, from 9- 10:30 a.m. Bring the kiddos for complimentary breakfast and crafts and snap some photos with our wily rabbit! FREE!! Whole Foods Domain, 11920 Domain Drive.
- Community Easter Egg Hunt- Thursday, April 17 at 4 p.m. Children of all ages are invited to hunt for the thousands of eggs hidden around the Huston-Tillotson University campus during the Eighth Annual Community Easter Egg Hunt. The Easter egg hunt features a $500 scholarship prize egg, prize eggs for school supplies and gift certificates, and eggs with candy and coins. Children will gather in the Mary E. Branch Gymnasium for a brief meaning of Easter story time before joining their age groups and beginning the hunt. The event is FREE and open to the public. Huston-Tillotson University, 900 Chicon Street.
- Pinballz Easter Egg Hunt – Friday, April 18 at 10:30 a.m. Children ages 12 and under are invited with their parents to bring their baskets and hunt for colorful, prize-filled Easter Eggs. Each egg has special prizes with the top three golden eggs having 100, 250, and 500 prize ticket amounts inside to cash in for the fun redemption prizes of your choice. FREE! Pinballz Arcade, 8940 Research Blvd, Suite 100, Austin.
- Easter Egg Design Contest & Dye-O-Rama – Friday, April 18 from Noon to 4:00 p.m. Children of all ages are invited to compete for prizes with their Easter egg designs. In addition, everyone can learn the art of Ukrainian or Psyanky egg dyeing. Eggs and supplies will be provided to all participants. Parents are asked to chaperone their youngsters at this event. FREE! Neill-Cochran House Museum, 2310 San Gabriel St, Austin.
- Chaparral Ice Egg Hunt- Friday, April 18, from 6:30- 8:45 p.m. Join us for an Egg-Hunt themed skating party! The FREE egg hunt will be at 7:30, and we’ll turn the main lights off and skate to the glow of twinkle lights starting at 8:00! There will be food, ice skating, and Easter candy! Ice skating admission is $10 ages 6 and up with skate rental, $6 ages 6 and up without skate rental, and $5 ages 5 and under with skate rental. Chaparral Ice, 2525 West Anderson Lane.
- Oswaldo A.B. Cantu/ Pan American Recreation Center Easter Egg Hunt- Saturday, April 19 at 11:00 a.m. Join in the fun at the Annual Easter Egg Hunt! FREE! Oswaldo A.B. Cantu/Pan American Recreation Center, 2100 East 3rd Street.
- Easter Extravaganza- April 19 from 11am-1pm. Join us for a massive egg hunt and Easter Celebration for kids. Invite your family and friends and enjoy the egg hunt, train, bounce house, and more. Don’t miss out on this exciting event! FREE! First Evangelical Free Church Courtyard, 4220 Monterey Oaks Blvd.
- Bethany Lutheran’s Children’s Easter Celebration – Saturday, April 19, from 10 a.m. – noon. Join us on the Saturday morning before Easter as we celebrate Easter with egg hunts, games, petting zoo, pony rides, face painting, train rides, bouncy houses, and other great activities. The events are open to little ones up through 4th grade. The egg hunt begins at 10:10 a.m. for the two groups. This is a great opportunity to invite friends and neighbors to church. Call 512-292-8778 for more information. Bethany Lutheran Church, 3701 W. Slaughter Ln.
- Impact Family Church Kid’s Egg Hunt – Saturday, April 19 at 4 p.m. Impact Family Church invites you to a FREE Kid’s Easter Egg Hunt at the fields at Clint Small Middle School. We will have egg hunts for 3 different age groups. Infant to 2 Years Old will start at 4:00 p.m. Ages 3 to 5 Years will start at 4:20 p.m. Grades 1st – 5th will start at 4:40 p.m. Each age group will have a chance to find the “Special Egg” with a $100 Bill in it. 512-444-5550. Clint Small Middle School, 4801 Monterey Oaks Blvd.
- Easter Eggstravaganza- Saturday, April 19 from 10 – 11:30 a.m. This is a FREE community wide event for children ages birth-5th grade. We will have inflatables, petting zoo, free kona ice…oh, and 15,000 easter eggs! Don’t miss it! See ya’ there! Riverbend Church, 4214 Capital of Texas Hwy N.
- Easter Eggstravaganza at Givens Rec Center- Saturday, April 19, from 10:00am – 12:00pm. Come out and enjoy the family fun event for all ages. FREE! All ages. Givens Recreation Center, 3811 East 12th Street.
- Easter Egg Hunt- Saturday, April 19 from 4-5 p.m. Impact Family Church Invites You to a FREE Kid’s Easter Egg Hunt! With egg hunts for 3 age groups. Infant to 2 Years Old will start at 4:00pm. Ages 3 to 5 Years will start at 4:20pm. Grades 1st – 5th will start at 4:40pm. Each age group will have a chance to find the “Special Egg” with $100 Bill in it. The fields at Clint Small Middle School, 4801 Monterey Oaks Blvd., Austin.
- Crossroads Community Church Easter Celebration- Sunday, April 20 .Come celebrate Easter Sunday with Crossroads Community Church! We will have two Easter Services to choose from – 9am and 10:45am. After the 10:45am service, we will have a free Easter egg hunt for the kids and BBQ lunch for all! Also, we encourage you to bring a box of diapers (sizes: newborn, 4, 5, 6) to support mothers in crisis. Donations beneﬁt Austin Life Care, a local pregnancy resource center. FREE! Crossroads Community Church, 9185 Research Blvd.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Topgolf – Sunday, April 20 at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. You’re invited to Topgolf for a massive egg hunt. Collect eggs and take pictures with the Easter Bunny! Choose from one of two egg hunt times: 11 a.m. or 1 p.m. This is a FREE event, and RSVPs are not needed. Topgolf, 2700 Esperanza Crossing.
- Candy Jar - Sunday, April 13 from Noon- 3 p.m. Kids can have their photos taken with the Easter Bunny and they will be giving out Easter eggs filled with candy and prizes. FREE! The Candy Jar, 12700 Hill Country Blvd., Bee Cave.
- Hays YMCA Easter Hunt- Saturday, April 19 from 9:00 - 11:30 a.m. Come join us at the annual EASTER EGG HUNT. The Y is again very happy to be working with the City of Buda, and new this year The Connection Church. Lots of FUN for the whole family. Inflatable rides, Rock Wall, Face Painting, Candy-filled Eggs, Trackless Train. Rain or Shine. FREE Community-wide fun for the entire family! BudaSportsplex, 310 Buda Sportsplex Drive.
- Spring Egg-stravaganza- Sunday, April 13 at 2:00 p.m. Bring your basket to hunt for over 79,000 pieces of candy, prizes and goodies. Take your photo with the bunny until 2:45 pm (bring your own camera). Enjoy jumping in the inflatable and train rides. There will also be face painting for a fee. The egg hunt is for ages 12 and under. FREE! Milburn Park, 1901 Sun Chase Blvd.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Trattoria Lisina- Sunday, April 20 at 9:30 a.m. We will have two hunts, age 5 & under and 5 & up. They will both start at 9:30am at 2 different spots on the Mandola Estate. FREE! Trattoria Lisina, 13308 FM 150 West.
- Easter egg Hunt- Saturday, April 12 at 9 a.m. Bring your basket for our Annual Easter Egg Hunt! There will be 25,000 candy eggs to gather and a grand prize egg for each age division. Grand prize baskets are donated by the Primrose School of Georgetown. Each age division will be assigned a specific softball field to carry out their hunt. FREE! The horn sounds promptly at 9:00 AM. Please arrive at McMaster Athletic Complex by 8:45 AM. Age categories are 2 & under, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10. McMaster Athletic Complex, 101 W. L. Walden Drive, Georgetown.
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt- Saturday, April 19 from 9- 10:15 a.m. Children of all ages from all over Hutto and neighboring communities came out to greet the Easter Bunny and Hutto Hippo and hunt for goodies on the hill at Fritz Park. Prize eggs were hidden on the hill for hunters to find and turn in to claim a prize. Hunts are split into age groups: 0-3,4-6, 7-8, and 9-10. This year’s event will be begin at 9am. The annual event has been a rain or shine event so please be prepared for the weather. We also ask that you leave your pets at home during this event. FREE! Fritz Park, 400 Park St., Hutto.
- Eggstravaganza! - Saturday, April 12, at 2 p.m. Rain or Shine! Happy Easter, Happy Spring from the City of Lakeway! Celebrate the season with Eggstravaganza! at City Park, located at 502 Hurst Creek Road. Bring your basket! The event will begin at 2:00 p.m. Age specific egg hunts will begin at 2:45 with the 7 – 8 year-olds going first, followed by the 5 – 6 year-old group. We will have the hunt for the 3 – 4 year-olds around 3:00 and cheer on the 1 – 2 year-olds after that. Children from the area are invited to participate in all the festivities which will include a petting zoo, a cookie decorating craft, mural coloring, spin art, a visit from the Easter Bunny, glitter tattoo artists and a special guest Darren Peterson with his trained animals. Snowcones will be available for purchase. Please, no dogs at this event. FREE! For more information, please call 512-314-7532. Lakeway City Park, 502 Hurst Creek Road, lower level.
- Spring Egg-Stravaganza - Sunday, April 13, from noon – 1 p.m. Join the Leander Parks & Recreation Department for the annual Spring Egg-stravaganza candy hunt. The hunt will be done in waves based on age groups: 12:15 p.m. (Ages 3 and under); 12:30 p.m. (Ages 4-6); 12:45 p.m. (Ages 7-9); 1 p.m. (Ages 10-12). Bring your baskets, smiles, and join us for a hopping good time! The Spring Egg-stavaganza is presented by HEB Plus in Leander and Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union. This is a FREE event. For more information contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 512-528-9909. Robin Bledsoe Park, 601 S. Bagdad.
- Flashlight Egg Hunt - Saturday, April 12, from 7:30 – 9 p.m. An illuminating challenge-egg hunt by flashlight! Each hunter should bring their own flashlight and basket. There will be prize eggs and lots of treats. Children will be divided into age groups. (Ages: 2-11) Early Fee: $5.00/hunter by April 4th; Late Fee: $7.00/hunter after April 4th; $10.00/hunter at the event. Bunny arrives at 7:30, Hunt begins at 8:00. Cypress Bend Park.
- Annual Spring Pfling - Saturday, March 29, from noon – 4 p.m. Bring pfamily and pfriends out to enjoy the beauty of spring in Central Texas. The Parks and Recreation Department stages the ever popular Spring Pfling each year at Heritage Park. Vendors will share Pflugerville’s local opportunities for fitness, healthy living and landscaping. Pfamily pfun with face painters, free pony rides, petting zoo, moonwalks and balloon artists. FREE! Heritage Park, 901 Old Austin Hutto Road.
- Helicopter Egg Drop- Saturday, April 19, at 3:00 p.m. Registration begins at 1 p.m.with limited spots so you may want to arrive early or print your registration form to bring with you. Every child who registers will receive a goody bag with eggs before the hunt. $1 hot dogs will be available for lunch. FREE!! Northeast Metropolitan Park, 15500 Sun Light Near Way, Pflugerville.
- Brushy Creek Egg Hunt - Saturday, April 12, from 10 a.m. – noon. The District invites everyone to the Annual Egg Hunt at Cat Hollow Park. Hunt eggs with delicious candy inside. Age-specific egg hunt groups will start promtly on time so don’t be late! Arrive early to locate your child’s hunt area! Age Group Egg Hunt Times: 0-2 years starts at 10 a.m.; 3-4 years starts at 10:15 a.m.; 5-6 years starts at 10:30 a.m.; 7 and up starts at 10:45 a.m. FREE activities include Pictures with the Bunny (bring your own camera), Mini Hoops, Inflatable Obstacle course, Petting Zoo, Pony Rides, Face Painting, Cartoon Art, Egg Decorating, Music, Game Stations, and Popcorn. Cotton Candy and Snow Cones will be available for a small fee. Cat Hollow Park, 8600 O’Connor Dr.
- Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt & Movie in the Park – Thursday, April 17. When the park is dark, your flashlight will be your guide to candy, eggs, and prizes at Old Settlers Park. In this annual flashlight egg hunt, bring your flashlight and basket to search for eggs in a treat filled hunt ring and then stay for the Movie in the Park featuring Rise of the Guardians! Please meet at the Lakeview Pavilion 30 minutes before your hunt time to check in. 7:15 p.m.: Twilight Egg Hunt (registration *22892), for ages 0-4 years. Not quite as dark for our younger hunters. Only one parent will be allowed in the hunt ring to assist, Parent must stay with hunter at all times. 8:15 p.m. (registration *22893): Flashlight Parent Assisted Hunt, Ages 5 Years and Older- One parent will be allowed in the hunt ring to assist, Recommended for our younger hunters. Parent must stay with hunter at all times. 8:45 p.m. (registration *22894): Flashlight Children Only Hunt, No parents allowed in the hunt ring, Recommended for older hunters. 9 p.m. Movie in the Park featuring Rise of the Guardians. The movie is FREE for the entire family, but registration is required for the egg hunts. There will be no event day registration for the Flashlight Egg Hunt so register early. Tickets are pre-sale only and will sell out, so purchase your tickets now! Fee: $4 Early Registration (through April 6); $5 Late Registration (April 16). Old Settlers Park – Lakeview Pavilion & Festival Area.
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny - Saturday, April 19, from 9 – 11 a.m. Includes free pancakes, an egg hunt, and a visit from the Easter Bunny. Cost is $10 per child age 2 and up, $5 for ages 12 – 24 months. Advance registration is required. Call 512-828-0000 to register. Safari Champ, 1400 E. Old Settlers Blvd, #200.
- Play for All Abilities Park Special Needs Egg Hunt - Saturday, April 5 at 9 a.m. Seton Medical Center Williamson Outpatient Pediatric Rehab and Round Rock Parks and Recreation Department invite you to come out to the Play for All Abilities Park for our first-ever special needs Easter Egg Hunt. This is a family-centered event, focusing on active participation for children with various disabilities or limitations. Siblings are welcome to participate in the hunt. Pre-registration for this event is required (see barcodes below). There is a limited number of participants allowed in each hunt, so sign up early to secure your space. This event is FREE, but again does require pre-registration. No event day registration will be allowed. You may pick up your egg hunt wristband on site the day of the event. Please bring your registration confirmation to pick up your wristband. We ask that you arrive 20 minutes prior to your hunt time to ensure that you are able to attend your designated hunt time. Hunt Schedule: 9:00 (registration *22391) & 9:30 (registration *22392): Special needs children ages 5 and under with siblings of any age. 10:30 (registration *22393) & 11:00 (registration *22394): Special needs children ages 6 and older with siblings of any age. For more information about CPATH (Cerebral Palsy Awareness Transition Hope) or CPals (the social program!), visit https://www.facebook.com/cpathtexas and https://www.facebook.com/AustinCerebralPalsy.
- Farmer Fred’s Garden Spring Carnival - Thursday, April 17, 6 – 9 p.m. Free admission, free carnival games with prizes and candy, Bunny pictures ($3), train rides ($2.50), concessions available for purchase. Egg hunts will be in 4 age groups: ages 1 – 3 at 6:15 p.m., ages 4 – 5 at 6:45 p.m., ages 6 – 9 at 7:15 p.m., and ages 10 – 12 at 7:45 p.m. FREE! San Marcos City Park, 170 Charles Austin Dr.
Step into Brilliant Sky Toys & Books and discover something different. Locally owned by Mommy of 2, Maya Pomroy hand selects every item in the shop. Explore an unparalleled spectrum of the finest, most developmentally sound playthings that the world has to offer. Interact with people whose sole mission is not just to satisfy our customers, but delight them. Enjoy our passion for play, our commitment to fun, and our dedication to helping every visitor find their way to play.
If you would like to let us know about more Easter events happening, please leave a comment with all of the details.