How to Have Summer Fun
1. Print the 2017 Austin Summer Fun Checklist for Kids or pick up the more recent edition of Austin Family Magazine for an already printed copy.
Come to the Summer Fun Launch Party on June 10th, from 9 am to noon, at Whole Foods Market Lamar to pick up a copy of the checklist. Kids of all ages will enjoy live music by Joe McDermott, Lauren Diamond, Ms. Kat’s Music and Movement, and Big Wy’s Brass Band, craft activities, prizes and more. There will be free breakfast tacos (one per admission), free pretzels (limited availability) from Easy Tiger, free coffee from Chameleon Cold-Brew, Me & the Bees Lemonade samples, KIND Bars, and more. Tickets are just $5 for adults, $2 for children 13 and under, with all proceeds benefiting Whole Kids Foundation. Bring a food item to be donated to the Central Texas Food Bank and get a free child’s admission!
2. Pick activities to do all summer long.
3. Do activity.
4. Check it off the list.
5. Once you’ve done at least three activities on the checklist, you can earn prizes for even more Summer Fun!
6. Upload photos of you and your kids doing activities on the Summer Fun Checklist for a chance to win even more prizes including Chaparral Ice Skating Passes, free museum admission to the Bullock Museum, and more. Use #AustinSummerFun as the hashtag with your account set to public. We’ll be picking winners randomly all summer long.
What’s on the 2017 Austin Summer Fun Checklist?
Anytime Fun Includes:
- Take a dip in Barton Springs Pool
- Discover Dinos in Austin
- Jump on a trampoline at Springfree Trampoline
- Go indoor skydiving at iFly
- Watch the Bats Emerge at Dusk
- Ride the Train at the Austin Zoo
- Play indoors at Catch Air
- Visit Exhibits at Bullock Museum
- Watch Friday night fireworks at Round Rock Express
- Nerf war indoors at Dart em Up
- Hike & splash at St. Edward’s Park
- Explore Zilker Botanical Garden
- Go fishing
- Visit the animals at the Austin Zoo
- Ice skate at Chaparral Ice
- Get wet at Typhoon Texas
- Get lost in a book at BookPeople
- Visit a Farmer’s Market
- Visit the Cathedral of Junk
- Explore The Domain
- Roller skate at Playland Skate Center
- Eat a taco on a Tuesday
- Kayak in Austin’s Waterway
- Play at Joanne Land Park
- Play Pinball, Pac-Man and more at an arcade
- Visit an Austin Museum
- Cool down with some ice cream
- Join a summer reading program
- Learn about the history of Austin at the Austin History Center
Or you can go to a few awesome Austin events this summer including:
- Children’s Day Art Park
- Blues on the Green
- Summer Free Family Film Series at the Bullock Museum
- Summer Fun Launch party at Whole Foods Market, Lamar
- Taste North Austin at The Domain
- Blues on the Green
- Family Eldercare’s Fans from Fans Fan Drive
- Juneteenth Celebration
- Unplugged at the Grove
- 4th of July Fireworks
- Visit Whole Foods Market for Kid’s Club
- Father’s Day Event at Catch Air
- Zilker Summer Musical: The Wizard of Oz
- Soar to new heights at Science Mill
- Superhero night at Round Rock Express
- … and more!
How about a day trip to explore other places that are still close to home?
- Johnson City
- Texas State Parks Close to Austin
–> Print the 2017 Summer Fun Checklist and start having fun! <–