ACL 2018, we’re ready for you!
ACL is an annual spectacle in Austin, and festival-goers can expect a rich experience to touch every of your senses. More than just music, it’s about community, food, and people, too. Single people, married couples, and families of all ages attend the festival, and there is truly something for everyone.
Every year, there is a question of what can be brought into the festival. First, know that the best option for a quick entry is the No Bag Express Lane. If you DO have a bag, plan to enter through the Bag Lane and expect delays as bags are open for inspection. ALL bags will be searched before entry. Note that bag sizes will be limited to 18 L sized bags or smaller (roughly 1000 cubic inches or 10″ x 10″ x 10″). If you have to bring a bag, a drawstring bag is ideal.
Avoid arriving during the peak hours of 3-5 PM to ensure quicker entry.
FAMILIES, use the Family Friendly Entrance to the right of the Barton Springs East Entrance, or the dedicated Family Friendly Lanes at all three of the Main Entrances. Each entrance also has dedicated Accessibility Lanes.
MORE NEW FEATURES THIS YEAR:
* ACL added a third entrance to the fest. Now you can enter via the Barton Springs East Entrance, the Barton Springs West Entrance, and the Lady Bird Lake Entrance.
* A new Box Office makes it easier for you to pick up your wristbands. Head to the East Box Office if you’re coming from Lamar Blvd, or the West Box Office if you’re coming from Mopac or getting dropped of from one of the free Official Festival Shuttles.
* Some food vendors will have second locations near the Barton Springs Stage (south of Barton Springs Road), including Amy’s Ice Creams, Chi’Lantro BBQ, mmmpanadas, Southside Flying Pizza, Tino’s Greek Cafe, and Wholly Cow Burgers. Central Market will also have a booth inside Austin Kiddie Limits offering box lunches and beverages.
* In the ACL Wine Lounge, adults can sip an expanded selection of wines from around the world: reds, whites, roses, and bubbles will be available along with small bites all weekend.
* A Silent Disco has been added to the schedule for both weekends. Each night from 8pm-10pm at the Tito’s Handmade Vodka Stage, fans can slip on a pair of ACL Fest-supplied headphones and quietly groove to tunes from live DJs.
* Past attendees recommended some ideas for better sound and a better experience, and the stages have been shifted to improve crowd flow and avoid sound bleed between performances.
Bringing kids to ACL? Don’t forget these four things:
1) Empty water bottle – hydration stations by Camelback can be found in 5 locations around the perimeter of the festival. Note that you may also bring two factory sealed water bottles per person into the festival.
2) Hearing protection – (if you forget, pick up a pair of earplugs at the information booth between the two main entrances
3) Sunscreen (NOT the aerosol kind, which is prohibited; use sticks or lotions)
4) Lockers are available for one or three days each weekend, and a complimentary chair check can be found near the lockers
5) Go immediately to Tag-A-Kid upon entry for an RFID tag that will help you reunite with your little ones quickly
There will be plenty to eat at the festival from local favorites
Did you forget something? Never fear, the ACL Bodega is a one-stop shop where you can buy quick snacks, like fresh fruit, and necessities like sunscreen and ponchos. The Bodega will be near ACL Eats and the Art Market.
What are you allowed to bring in, and what is prohibited? Check out the list here. Adhere, and have fun!
- Bags: 18 L sized bags or smaller (roughly 1000 cubic inches or 10″ x 10″ x 10″ (drawstring bags recommended)
- Blankets, Sheets, Towels
- Cameras (basic point and shoot consumer-grade cameras) without detachable lenses and other accessories (monopods, selfie sticks, tripods, GoPro mounts, and other attachments are not allowed)
- GoPro cameras without accessories
- Portable/collapsible chair (Individual seat only; no double wide or connecting chairs)
- Sealed sunscreen lotion (no aerosol containers)
- Empty hydration packs and water bottles (plastic or aluminum) Max size 36oz. for Yeti-type hydration rambler
- Water: you may bring two factory sealed bottles of water (up to 1 liter each) and refill them throughout the day at free water filling stations
- Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with a safety officer upon entry)
- Totems, rage sticks and flags under 12 ft. tall are allowed for way-finding among friends. Items that are deemed by Festival organizers to be unsafe, inappropriate, offensive or are being used for purposes other than intended are prohibited and may be confiscated on site
- Bags larger than 18 L (roughly 1000 cubic inches or 10″ x 10″ x 10″)- drawstring bags work well
- E-Cigs or Vaping devices
- Aerosol containers (including sunscreen and personal beauty products)
- Any and all professional audio recording equipment
- Any and all professional video equipment – no video recording will be allowed
- Professional cameras (any camera with the option to detach a lens)
- Any and all camera accessories, such as selfie sticks, tripods, monopods, go pro mounts and attachments, detachable lenses, or other commercial equipment
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Camping or Tent setups. Includes camping umbrellas, tents and cordoning off your chairs with tape/rope
- Coolers of any kind (exceptions may be made for medical use)
- Framed backpacks
- Glass and metal containers of any kind
- Firearms, explosives, and weapons of any kind (including pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc)
- Illegal and Illicit substances of any kind
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Outside food or beverage (including alcohol) of any kind, except 2 factory sealed bottles of water (up to 1 liter each)
- Professional-grade radios or walkie-talkies
- Pets (except service animals)
- Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, wagons, carts (including red wagons) or any personal motorized vehicles
- Tents, canopies, or shade structures of any kind
- Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors are not allowed. No unauthorized solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, etc.
- Large chains or spiked jewelry
- Bicycles inside the festival grounds (free parking is available near festival entrance)
- No inflatable furniture (rafts, chairs, etc.)
*SUBJECT TO CHANGE