- Bailey Park – Open May 17 – September 7, 2014 daily from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. 1101 W. 33rd St. (Review)
- Bartholomew Park - Open May 17 – September 7, 2014 daily from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. 5200 Berkman Dr. (Photos)
- Chestnut Park – Open May 17 – September 7, 2014 daily from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. 2207 E. 16th St. (Photos)
- Clarksville Splash Pad – Open May 17 – September 7, 2014 daily from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. 1811 W. 11 St. (Review)
- Dick Nichols District Park - There is a kids water-play area with a seal spitting water and hike and bike trails that wander throughout. 8011 Beckett Rd.
- Eastwoods Park – Open May 17 – September 7, 2014 daily from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. 3001 Harris Park Ave. (Review)
- Liz Carpenter Fountain at Butler Park – Open year-round. Noon – 9:45 p.m. on Monday; 8 a.m. – 9:45 p.m. Tuesday – Sunday. Closed for maintenance Mondays from 8 a.m. to noon. 1000 Barton Springs Rd. (just south of Auditorium Shores). (Review)
- Lott Splash Pad – Open May 17 – September 7, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., every day except Wednesday. On Wednesdays it will be closed for maintenance. 1108 Curve St.
- Metz Splash Pad – Open May 17 – September 7, 2014 daily from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. 2407 Canterbury St. (Review)
- Pease Park’s Water Sprayground – Open May 17 – September 7, 2014 daily from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. 1100 Kingsbury St. (Review)
- Rosewood Splash Pad – Open May 17 – September 7, 2014 daily from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. The neighboring Rosewood Pool is also free, but is open different hours for recreational swimming. 2300 Rosewood Ave. (Review)
- Ricky Guerrero Splash Pad – Open May 17 – September 7, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., every day except Wednesday. On Wednesdays it will be closed for maintenance. 1100 Brodie St. (Review)
- Southpark Meadows – Small bubbling fountains are located in The Grove, behind Mama Fu’s, next to a great big, fun playground. Kids enjoy splashing and running through the water. The fountain is not always turned on and there is no set operating schedule. 9600 S IH-35 Frontage Rd.
- The Triangle – The park at The Triangle offers a fountain for children to play in. Adults enjoy shopping at the Austin Farmers’ Market on Wednesdays from 3-7:00 p.m. The fountain is not always turned on and there is no set operating schedule. 4700 N. Lamar Blvd. (Photos)
- Fisherman’s Park – Operates 7 days a week, from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. through Labor Day. 1200 Willow St. (Photo) (Review)
- Hill Country Galleria – Interactive fountain operates 7 days a week during mall hours but is turned off when the weather is bad or when another event is scheduled to take place in the amphitheater. Call Guest Services at (512)263-0001 to confirm that the interactive fountain is turned on before heading over there. 12700 Hill Country Blvd. (Photos)
- Water Playscape at Brushy Creek Park – The water playscape operates daily from 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. and is open from May through September. There is no staying dry at this playscape, with jets gushing water from below and pipes spraying water from above. There is a playground and restrooms, as well as plenty of nearby picnic tables. 3300 Brushy Creek Rd. (Review)
- Champion Park – Kids can run through a blue whale skeleton and get sprayed by water. There is also a fun bubbler to play in. The sprinkler park operates May 17 – September 1, 2014 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Don’t miss digging for dino bones in the shaded sand box. There are restrooms by the parking lot. 3830 Brushy Creek Rd. (Review)
- Glenwood Splash Pad – Open June 1 – Labor Day weekend from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. daily. 101 Fishbaugh Ln.
- Water Playscape at Robin Bledsoe Park – Open May 1 – September 30, 2014 from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. daily. This fun splash park features water guns and buckets that dump water on unsuspecting heads. It is fully enclosed, with a gate. There are restrooms and a playground close by. 601 S. Bagdad Rd.
- Quarry Splash Pad – Open May 17 – September 1, 2014 from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. daily. Admission is $2 per person (bring cash). Quarry Splash Pad recorded information line: 512-943-1919. This recording will be updated when the splash pad closes for weather. 3005 County Road 175. (Review)
- Falcon Pointe Splash Park – This splash park is open from May 1 to October 1, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily, weather permitting. It is kid-powered, requiring kids to push a button to activate the water. After the button has been pressed, the water will remain on for 90 seconds. 1813 Tranquility Ln. (Photos)
- Northeast Metropolitan Park – The water is on at this new water play area, located at the far end of the park, behind the skate park. The water can be turned on by the push of a button. There is also a shaded sand pit, rock climbing wall, swings, and plenty of picnic tables nearby. Restrooms are located next to the water play area. 2703 E. Pecan St. (Review)
- Main Street Plaza – The Main Street Plaza Water Fountain is now open 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Sunday; 7:30-11:00 a.m. and 2-10:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday; 7:30-11:00 a.m. and 2-11:00 p.m. Friday; and 7:30 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. Saturdays. Fountain may be closed during some holidays and special events that take place in Prete Plaza. Call the Round Rock Parks & Recreation Department at (512) 218-5540 or visit the website for more information. 221 E Main St. (Review)
Please note that days and hours of operation are subject to change due to drought-related watering restrictions. Always check the location’s website before heading out.
In her life before kids, Emily held jobs as a zookeeper, a middle school teacher, and a tour bus driver in the wilds of Montana–not one of which prepared her for the adventures of motherhood. Now she’s living the good life in Austin with her husband, two sons and a Great Dane. When she’s not off gallivanting with her boys, you might find Emily baking up a mean batch of cupcakes, recalling obscure 80s song lyrics, or dreaming of peace and quiet.