Community Art Sundays is back at Creative Action this Sunday from 2-5 p.m.! This family-friendly, free event will empower the community with practical, hands-on ways to celebrate and advocate for the art all around us!
- Grab a slice of a one-of-a-kind custom cake made by the pastry wizards of Sideserf Cake Studio (featured on Food Network’s Texas Cake House)!
- Leave your mark on a special, giant interactive ♥art installation
- Design-your-own arts advocacy postcard—Creative Action will mail them to your representative!
- Voter registration table
- Musical performances and workshops by Grupo Massa, AllRhythms, and a youth music showcase
- Nature crafts, garden tours, and ‘bee hotels’ with Sustainable Food Center
- MamaLingua Spanish language learning app
- ¡Por amor al arte! activity with Think Bilingual Austin
- Meet The Princess of Plastic, “Polly Mermaid”
- Recycled art jewelry station and colorful still-life drawing sessions
- Performance of “Araboolies of Liberty Street”—an interactive theatre experience exploring social awareness, teamwork, and diversity
- Collaborative embroidery project for Creative Action Spark Schools
- Meet Clifford the big red dog + try Smart Screen Time© Interactive Apps from KLRU-TV, Austin PBS!
- Connect with and learn from local arts advocacy orgs like Austin Creative Alliance , Texas Cultural Trust and Texans for the Arts
- Check out I Heart Justice Poster Show, a joint project of Texas Appleseed and AIGA Austin.
- Free food, drinks, KIND Snacks, Bennu Coffee, and Oskar Blues Brewery Austin beer!
That’s a whole lot of family fun packed into just three hours. I’ll see you there!
What: Community Art Sundays
Where: Creative Action, 2921 E. 17th Street, Austin
When: Sunday, April 23, 2017
Time: 2-5 p.m.
For more information or to RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/1766620566985421