Austin residents can enjoy a free, family-friendly way to ring in the New Year this year. The Austin’s New Year line-up includes Grupo Fantasma, Golden Dawn Arkestra, and Carolyn Wonderland. The annual alcohol-free celebration will showcase a variety of art, food trucks and live music on three stages. Other confirmed performers include The Statesboro Revue, Big Cat, Vallejo, KP and the Boom Boom, Shawn Nelson, and Kalu James. The Community Stage will also feature The Watters, Tiarra Girls, Big Don and Band Aid.
The festivities will wrap up with a fireworks finale at 10 p.m.
Parking garages will be available at Palmer Event Center, One Texas Center and City Hall. Because of the holiday, parking downtown will be hard to come by. Please do not park in neighborhoods. For bus routes and schedules, please click here. For a map with road closures, click here.
- The Thinkery: Combining science and art through crafts and 3D printer demonstrations.
- Sky Candy: Breathtaking works of aerial drama.
- 30-foot mural made by YOU: Collaborative community art project led by Texas Music Hall of Fame Recipient, award-winning artist and activist Tim Kerr. Come join the fun — throw water balloons full of paint and make your mark on a 30-foot mural celebrating our community.
- Scare for A Cure: Face Painting and theater crafts.
- Austin Bike Zoo: Human-powered puppetry featuring larger-than-life creatures powered by bicycles.
- The Flying Balalakai Bros: Roaming interactive performance of Gypsy Folk music.
Food and drink vendors include:
- Chi’lantro, home of Kimchi Fries and Korean BBQ
- Tacos from La Sirena Fantabulous Taqueria
- BBQ from Mickelthwait Craft Meats
- Hot Beverages from Elixer Coffee
- Lobster Rolls from Garbo’s
- Hot Dogs and Sausages from The Evil Weiner
- F’Real Milkshake and Smoothie Truck
- Hot Sandwiches from Emoji Grilled Cheese
Austin’s New Year 2016
Dec. 31, 2015
4 p.m. – 10 p.m.
South 1st Street & Riverside Drive