Another afternoon of pizza-themed zaniness in South Austin is right around the corner! The carnival is at once a celebration of the art of hand tossed pizza, a 10th birthday party for the restaurant and a charitable endeavor intended to give back to the neighborhood and the community that has made Home Slice one of Austin’s favorite eateries. This year’s carnival will take place on Saturday, November 14th from 12-7pm in the Home Slice patio and parking lot, and is graciously co-sponsored by generous Austin companies Capmetro and RetailMeNot! All proceeds benefit this year’s non-profit recipient: Austin Bat Cave!
The Carnival-O-Pizza promises fun for all ages with:
• carnival-style games with a Home Slice spin
• kid themed offerings including our own invention: Pee Wee Pizzoli
• A huge raffle featuring amazing prizes from business all over South Congress and Austin including the ability to make a reservation at Home Slice for an entire year
• Entertainment including music, fortune tellers, dancers, mustache painting, hairstyling and more
• Concessions including beer, Italian wines, beverages and of course pizza!• Our now famous contests including box folding, dough tossing, the venerable pizza eating contest and last but not least, hands on an eggplant sub in which contestants vie to be the last person standing with their hand on 3 feet of sandwich for free pizza for a year; in 2010 the contest went on for an incredible 63 hours!
Carnival O Pizza
Saturday, November 14, 2015
Proceeds benefit Austin Bat Cave
Home Slice Pizza
1415 and 1421 South Congress Ave.
Austin, TX 78704