One of my family’s favorite fall festivals is coming soon: Wurstfest. The festival is a unique annual celebration rich in German culture and takes place near the headwaters of the beautiful Comal River in New Braunfels, Texas. The 2015 Wurstfest is taking place from November 6-15, 2015.
You’ll enjoy good food, music, dancing, carnival rides and games, German, Texan and domestic beer, special events and lots of Alpine and Bavarian Style entertainment. To get an idea of the layout, you can check the map here.
The opening ceremonies take place on Friday, November 6th at 5pm. Music begins at 4pm and there is free admission until 7pm. Monday through Wednesday, the gates open at 5pm and entertainment ends at 9:30pm. On Thursday and Fridays, the gates open at 5pm and the entertainment ends at 11:30pm. On Saturdays, the gates open at 11am and entertainment ends at 12:30am. On Sundays, the gates open at 11am and the entertainment ends at 9:30pm. Admission is also free after 3pm on Sunday, November 15th.
If you are planning to visit between Sunday, November 8th and Wednesday, November 11th, download the BOGO coupon and bring it with your purchased ticket. You can save by purchasing admission, group and drink tickets online. Tickets are also available at the gate.
Parking adjacent to the festival grounds is limited. Free park & riding is available at the Comal County Fairgrounds. For more information on parking and getting to the festival, click here.
Here are a few other things you should know about Wurstfest:
- Children 12 and under are always admitted free.
- Dirndls, lederhosen and silly hats are encouraged.
- You can leave the grounds and return the same day, as long as your hand is stamped.
- No outside food/drinks are allowed.
- Beer sales require tickets, but food vendors accept cash.
- Credit and debit cards are accepted on a limited basis. Admission and drink ticket sales are by cash only.
- ATMs are available throughout the grounds.
- Only service animals are allowed.
- The event is rain or shine and no rain dates are scheduled.
- A lost people post is located at the Information Booth.
November 6-15, 2015
120 Landa Street
New Braunfels, TX 78130