The Little Gym of Round Rock, Free Fun in Austin, LiveMom, and MomCom Austin are hosting a FREE Halloween costume swap! In addition to the swap, there will be complementary food and drink, raffle drawings and an open gym for the kiddos to play in. The swap is an excellent opportunity to recycle your kids’ used Halloween costumes and pick up something new-to-them for this year’s trick-or-treating.
What: Halloween Costume Swap
When: October 13, 2012
Time: Session 1: 3:00- 4:30pm; Session 2: 4:30- 6:00pm
Where: The Little Gym of Round Rock
3203 S. IH-35, Round Rock, Texas 78664 (next to Best Buy)
The swap is being held on National Costume Swap Day, which the organization Green Halloween founded three years ago in the hopes of reducing waste associated with Halloween. According to their website, “swapping the costumes of only half of the children who celebrate Halloween would reduce annual landfill waste by 6,250 tons, equivalent to the weight of 2,500 midsize cars.”
Rules of the swap:
- Parents bring only one costume for each child who is with them at the swap.
- Attendees will get one ticket per costume and will use the ticket to get one new-to-them costume.
- There will be two swap sessions, one at 3:00 p.m. and one at 4:30 p.m., but attendees are encouraged to arrive a little early as tickets will be given out in numerical order (first to arrive, first to pick a costume).
- While there will be an open gym, all small children must be supervised by their parents at all times.
- If there are multiple pieces to the costume, please place in a clear bag and label so we know where it belongs once we begin sorting.
Any costumes not chosen by then end of the swap will be donated to Texas Baptist Children’s Home. Attendees are welcome to bring additional costumes to donate. This is a great way to start off the fall holiday season by recycling, donating and having fun, all at once!
The swap is free of charge but you must register if you plan on attending. Please include how many children you will be bringing in your registration.