Hello World comprises of software engineers from companies like Amazon, Apple, and IBM, who have joined forces to create a fun, rigorous, project-based learning environment for 2nd-12th grade students, centered on mastering programming concepts in cutting edge technology fields.
Sessions take place at innovative tech hubs in downtown Austin, including Capital Factory, Galvanize, and Hack Reactor. The full 45-hour experience is divided between direct instruction, team work and group challenges, structured independent work, creativity time, community and culture building, and career readiness, including a field experience to a tech company. We are open to ALL levels, including beginners, and will differentiate based on previous exposure to engineering concepts. We strongly encourage girls to join the program!
This year’s summer courses include:
- iOS App Development with Swift: Program and publish iOS apps in the Apple app store; note this week may be moved to UT’s computer science building – see website for updates.
- Game Engineering: Code games using C# and GML programming languages – includes AR/VR for older students.
- Amazon Alexa & Artificial Intelligence: Program Alexa extensions using Python code, such as making Alexa respond to your voice with cat noises; course directed by member of Amazon’s Alexa team.
- Click here to learn more about summer programs and enroll
Click here to learn more about our organization and see example student work (note all code done by students!)
- Click here to see pictures from our photo gallery
- Click here for scholarship information
- Siblings 10% discount code (use at checkout): SIBLINGS18270 (does not need to be the same summer course)
Giveaway: One lucky reader will win a spot in the Hello World Summer Camp! What do you have to do to win?
Leave a comment or complete the form below to win a spot in the Hello World Coding Program, valued between $799- $899! All entries must be received by 10:00am CST on Monday, March 19, 2018.
Thankful for the chance to enter this contest. My little 4th grader is at such a curious stage right now and always wanting to know how things work. I know he would love to attend this awesome camp! Good luck to everybody!
My kids have taken these classes and they are INCREDIBLE!! Can’t recommend highly enough.