Austin doesn’t get snow and ice very often. If we are lucky, there are a couple of opportunities each winter to act like we live in a real winter wonderland before the snow melts away. When you have the chance to play in real snow or skate around on ice, we say take it! Bundle up, remind the kids to tuck their fingers in if they fall on the ice to prevent any unfortunate accidents, and ball up some snow for a wintery good time!
- Cedar Park Center– Monday, November 25, 2 pm – 5 pm; Tuesday, November 26, 2 pm – 5 pm; Wednesday, November 27, 1pm – 3pm. For the week of Thanksgivign only, bring your own skates to skate on the home ice of the Texas Stars! Admission: $10 for 12 and older, $5 for under 12. No skate rentals available. Cedar Park Center, 2100 Avenue of the Stars, Cedar Park.
- Chaparral Ice- Public skating times are available to the public at just $6.00 admission and skate rental is $4.00 for children and adults. Kids 5 years of age and under skate for ONLY $5, including skate rental. Kids 5 and under skate FOR FREE Mon-Friday with paid admission. Times vary so be sure to check the schedule before heading out. On December 14th at 4:15 p.m. , they are putting on Austin’s only Holiday Ice Show, CHRISTMAS, PAST … AND PRESENTS! Travel with us through time and space as through the years the holidays we chase! General admission is FREE, reserved VIP seating on the ice is $10, bring your own bar stool is $5. Chaparral Ice, located inside Northcross Mall, 2525 West Anderson Lane.
- Eisbahn Fredericksburg- November 29- January 4, hours vary. Eisbahn (“ice rink” in German) returns to Marktplatz in downtown Fredericksburg for its ninth consecutive year! Open daily (except for Christmas), you and your family can enjoy outdoor ice-skating on real ice in the Texas Hill Country! We use special refrigeration units to keep the ice frozen even when the weather is warm outside. Enjoy a come-and-go all-day pass for only $10, including skates.
- 4th Annual Holiday Lights and Ice at Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa– November 27 through January 6, times vary. Get in the spirit with s’mores, games, twinkling light and so much more! Twinkling Lights…twirling on ice! This year, Austin’s largest outdoor ice rink is twinkling even brighter. Our 4,100 square foot ice rink will be located on our lighted tennis courts, and will be accompanied by a display of 200,000 lights as a part of our 4th Annual “Holiday Lights & Ice” event. A portion of proceeds will be donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Central & South Texas, benefitting local children in need. Guests can enjoy the skating rink with individual skate session tickets or season passes. Cost: monday- Thursday, $23 adult, $17 child; Friday- Sunday, $26 adult, $19 child; Season Pass, $155 adult/ child. Barton Creek Resort and Spa, 8212 Barton Club Drive.
- Whole Foods Downtown– December 1-January 11 from 11am until 9pm, daily. Skate on top of the world…. well, at least on top of Whole Foods downtown! Cost: $10 per person, includes skate rental. Whole Foods, 525 N. Lamar Blvd.
- Battle for a Cure Foundation Presents: A Snow Spectacular- Saturday, December 7, from 7-11 p.m. This event is going to be One of a Kind with 26,000 pounds of REAL SNOW blown over a 1230 square foot area for the kids to play in! There will be light hor d’oeuvres, adult beverage cash bar, a visit from Santa, photo booth, hayride, Races2U Track, hot chocolate/coffee bar, Live Music from Justin Graves Band, a silent auction and more. Cost: $20 adults, $10 per child. Get $5 off an adult ticket with promo code fight5. Twin Creeks Country Club, 3201 Twin Creeks Club Drive, Cedar Park.
- North Pole in the South– Friday, December 6 from 3-6 p.m. Come and play in the snow with National Geographic Kids at the Rise School of Austin. We’ll have sledding, weird snow sculpture building, raffle prizes, and more! FREE!! The Rise School of Austin, 5206 Balcones Drive.
- Winter Wonderland- December 8 , from 1-3 p.m. Play in 20,000 pounds of real snow and an ice slide, take family photos with Santa, Balloon artist and face painting will be available as well as hot cocoa! Enjoy holiday treats from Hey Cupcake! FREE! Taylor Morrison Homes at Crystal Falls, 2701 Highland Trail, Leander.
- Hill Country Galleria Snow Days– Saturday, December 7, Sunday, December 15 and Saturday, December 21 from Noon- 4 p.m. It snows every weekend in December at the Hill Country Galleria! Join us for a family fun day as we bring real snow to the Hill Country Galleria! Toss a snowball, build a snow man, make a snow angel, and take fun family photos! Enjoy live holiday music, holiday carolers, and more from noon-4pm every day that it snows! FREE!! Hill Country Galleria, located right outside the Bee Cave Library, 12700 Hill Country Blvd.
- Christmas Dreams- Saturday, December 14, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. This FREE event will not only feature Snow-Filled Activities (as we are having truckloads of snow delivered on-site), but also Giant Slides, Paintball, Tango Tower & Zip Line, Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides, Blue Santa Donation Station, Train Rides, Interactive Holiday Booths (including decorating your own stockings, Santa hats and cookies / writing letters to Santa), Inflatables & Rides*, Concessions, Live Music (with choirs from eight area elementary schools) and appearances by Santa himself! So mark your calendar and plan on enjoying the snow and holiday season with us! For more information,please contact the CHASCO Family YMCA at (512) 246-9622. Boles Family Sports Complex (on North Mays Street) in Round Rock.