Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus — and the Postal Service can help you prove it when Santa replies to your child’s letter, complete with a North Pole postmark.
Here are the steps for your child to get a letter back from Santa:
- Have your child write a letter to Santa and place it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
- Later, when alone, open the envelope and write a personalized response.
- Insert the response letter into an envelope and address it to the child.
- Add the return address: SANTA, NORTH POLE, to the envelope.
- Ensure the envelope is affixed with a First-Class Mail stamp, such as a recently issued Charlie Brown Christmas stamp.
- Place the complete envelope into a larger envelope — preferably a Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope — with appropriate postage, and address it to:
North Pole Postmark
4141 Postmark DriveAnchorage, AK 99530-9998
“Letters from Santa” must be received by the Anchorage, AK postmaster no later than Dec. 15, 2015. Santa’s helpers at the Postal Service, will take care of the rest.
2015 MAIL-BY DATES
December 1, 2015 – First-Class & Priority Mail International
December 8, 2015 – Priority Mail Express International
December 15, 2015 – Standard post
December 18, 2015 – First Class Mail
December 19, 2015 – Global Express Guaranteed
December 20, 2015 – Priority Mail
December 22, 2015 – Priority Mail Express