Britney King, a local Austin mama, is married to a man she adores and is the mother of five kids. She is the author of three novels, Bedrock, Breaking Bedrock, and Somewhere With You, with plans to release fourth and fifth in 2014. In addition raising a family and writing novels, she founded a local network for women in 2012, which has grown to almost 1000 members. Currently, she occupies a job she enjoys– serving and running Austin Women’s Network. In her free time, you might find Britney running, reading, or spending time utilizing the wonderful venues that make her city great.
Britney King’s Top Five Favorite Books from the past year:
1. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes—I cannot get this book out of my head. I read it last December and haven’t read a book since that has touched me as much. Still hungover.
2. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion, It’s quirky and smart. I LOVED it. Really, really loved it.
3. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. Really, nothing more needs to be said about this one.
4. Tangled by Emma Chase. So fun. The laugh out loud kind.
5. The Last Letter From Your Lover by Jojo Moyes. Great writing. Suspenseful. Emotional.
If you would like to meet Britney in person, she will be at the Barnes and Noble in Sunset Valley on Saturday, June 21, 2014, from 1-3 p.m. signing copies of her books. You can find more details about the event here.