This summer, the Paramount Summer Classic Film Series celebrates 40 years of bringing classic films to Austin movie lovers. The grand tradition continues this summer with over 100 beloved cinematic treasures and potential new discoveries gracing the big screens of the Paramount and Stateside Theatres, from sparkling new digital restorations to glorious 35mm prints. The series lasts all summer long, so come in from the stifling Austin heat and enjoy some of the greatest films ever made! All films screening at the Paramount (P) are presented in 35mm, and all films at the Stateside (S) are presented in digital HD. You can view the full schedule here.
Admission & ticket information:
- Online Advance Admission – $12 (Includes a $1 preservation fee)
- Regular Admission – $12 (Available at Paramount Box Office on day of show and includes a $1 preservation fee)
- Film Fan Admission – $7 (Available at Paramount Box Office on day of show) – Become a Film Fan
- Flix-Tix Booklet – $60 (10 admissions – good in any combination; expires September 6, 2015) – Purchase Online
Secure covered parking is offered to patrons at the One American Center parking garage, conveniently located one block from the Paramount at 600 Congress. Your $8.00 parking pass may be purchased at the garage entrance from the parking attendant (cash only). Garage hours and availability vary by event. For additional parking information, please click here.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- 5.22.15 – Opening night: Casablanca. At 6pm, Film Fan Members will be treated to an Opening Night Party with free beer/wine/popcorn and free admission to the show!
- 5.23.15 – Family Film Festival Preview: The Iron Giant (1pm)
- 6.2.15 – An Evening with Richard Linklater: Writer/director Richard Linklater joins us to present one of his films, Me And Orson Welles. Admission is free to the public, and there will be a Q&A after the film!
- 6.14.15 – Martinis & Manicures + Breakfast at Tiffany’s at 2pm and 6pm
- 7.19.15 – The Grim Game, a newly restored 1919 silent film starring Harry Houdini, with live musical accompaniment
- 8.18 – 8.23.15 – Hitchcock Festival! (8 films, each screened twice!)
- 8.25 – 8.30.15 – 70mm Festival! (3 films, each screened twice!)
- 9.5.15 & 9.6.15 – Closing night: Gone With The Wind. At 6pm Saturday night, Film Fan Members will be treated to a Closing Night Party with free beer/wine/popcorn and free admission to the Saturday 7pm show!
Here are our kid-friendly film picks* at kid-friendly start times:
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (PG) – June 9th at 7pm
- Clue (PG)* – June 17th at 7pm
- Young Frankenstein (PG)* – June 19th at 7pm
- A League of Their Own (PG) – June 27th at 4pm & June 28th at 4:05pm
- Big (PG) – June 27th at 6:30pm & June 28th at 2pm
- Beetlejuice (PG) – July 9th at 7pm
- Ghostbusters (PG) – July 11th at 5:10pm & July 12th at 2pm
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (PG) – July 11th at 1pm
- Hook (PG) – July 18th at 1pm
- To Kill a Mockingbird (NR) – July 25th at 1pm
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (G) – August 1st at 1pm
- Singin’ in the Rain (NR) – August 6th at 7pm
- Back to the Future (PG) – August 9th at 1pm (One ticket gets you into all three Back to the Future movies!)
- Back to the Future II (PG) – August 9th at 3:15pm
- Back to the Future III (PG) – August 9th at 5:15pm
- The Sound of Music (G) – August 15th at 1pm & August 16th at 2pm
- City Lights (NR) – August 22nd at 1pm
* We chose movies which were rated G or PG. Please keep in mind that ratings have changed over time, so you may want to also consult Common Sense Media before deciding if your kid is ready to watch these films.
Note: There are kid-friendly films which screen after school starts, but we have not included them here. Please check here for the full schedule.