School’s out in just under two weeks! We have a couple months of blissful freedom…time to be lazy, wake up late, lounge around the house, and just take it easy. And we all know that will last for about five minutes for anyone under the age of 35…and then boredom will set in. If your kiddos are not attending camp or other scheduled activities, what will you do with them when they start insisting they are bored out of their minds? Here are a few resources to get you started finding activities to knock out the boredom.
- Map of city pools around Austin
- Map of city pools around round rock
- Free Fun in Austin’s list of splash pads in the area
- Jumpoline in North Austin
- JumpStreet in Cedar Park
- Wazoo’s in South Austin
- Texas Jumping Beans in Pflugerville/Round Rock
- Cinnemark Discount Theater in Round Roc
- Free Movies at Alamo Drafthouse Locations (from Free Fun in Austin)
My family will be enjoying a combination of summer camp, themed craft activities with friends, backyard playtime, and weekly trips to new (to us) parks and pools. Texas Jumping Beans is one of our favorite places to go for air conditioned fun, and we’ve also come to love Jumpoline Park. I am excited for summer and the opportunity to fly by the seat of our pants, but I have to have at least a little bit of planning/resources laid out to combat the inevitable boredom. What about you….what is your plan for surviving summer?