- Kids Music Class with Mr. Will- Monday, December 2 at 10:00 – 10:45 a.m. Mr. Will’s popular music class now has a residency! Find him every Monday morning at the Buzz for a fun and interactive kid’s live music! FREE!! Whole Foods Bee Cave, 12601 Hill Country Blvd.
- Storytime at Brilliant Sky Toys & Books – Monday, December 2 at 11a.m. Miss Jessamine will captivate your child with a variety of stories and related crafts. FREE! Brilliant Sky Toys & Books, The Village at West Lake (360 and Bee Caves Rd), 701 S. Capital of Texas Hwy Suite D-480, Austin.
- Baby Play Group (Round Rock) - Monday, December 2, from 3:30- 4:30 p.m. Join us every Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoon for Baby Play Group! We sing songs, play with a parachute and let babies have lots of interactive, social, free-play time. This group is perfect for non-walkers. FREE!! Baby Earth, 106 East Old Settlers Boulevard, Round Rock.
- Make It Mondays: Ornaments- Monday, December 2 from 4:30- 6 p.m. Need a little time to catch up on holiday shopping? Do some teamwork and send your little elves to The Art Garage to paint adorable gifts while you go out! We’ll have three special pottery pieces available just for these workshops…sign up for one or save 10% and register for all three! Cost: $30 per child. The Art Garage, 11190 Circle Drive.
- Family Craft Night: Felt Ornaments- Monday, December 2 from 6-8 p.m. Gather the family and join the Ruiz Library for our quarterly Family Craft Night! From the novice to the proficient, FCN will provide crafts and supplies for every member of the family! FREE!! Ruiz Branch Public Library, 1600 Grove Blvd.
- Holiday Choral Concert- Monday, December 2 at 7:30 p.m. Come join Chamber Singers, Concert Chorale, Longhorn Singers, UT Men’s and Women’s Chorus for our annual Holiday Choral Concert! FREE Admission, so bring everyone you like to enjoy the awesome music! Bass Concert Hall, 2350 Robert Dedman Drive.
- Storytime at the French Legation Museum – Tuesday, December 3 at 10 a.m. Enjoy a FREE storytime on the front porch of the historic house. All ages are welcome. Feel free to bring snacks, blankets, and your imagination! French Legation Museum, 802 San Marcos St, Austin.
- Grand Adventure Storytime- Tuesday, December 3 at 10:30 a.m. Magic, balloons, and a glorious ride on the back of a polar bear make the new book Please Bring Balloons a dreamy delight. Today we’re going to read this whimsical tale and other stories of grand and glorious adventure that make our imaginations soar. FREE!! BookPeople, 603 N. Lamar Blvd.
- Special Performance at Cedar Park Library- Tuesday, December 3 (11:15- 11:45 for pre-school, 10:30- 11:00 a.m. for toddler) Join us as we welcome Elizabeth Kahura to Preschool Storytime. Elizabeth will share her African heritage through music, song and dance in this special interactive show. FREE!! Cedar Park Public Library, 550 Discovery Blvd.
- Clown show with Silly Sparkles the Elf- Tuesday, December 3 at 10:30 .m. Bring the kids for a fun clown show that is FREE!! Toybrary Austin, 7817 Rockwood Lane.
- Sing-A-Long with Staci Gray (Round Rock)- Tuesday, December 3 at 10:30 a.m. Come sing and dance in the bubbles with Staci and then enjoy this wonderful indoor playscape at this weekly event! Cost: $3.00 children 12-23 months, $7.50 children 24 months or older. Safari Champ, 1400 East Old Settlers Blvd, # 200, Round Rock.
- Free Time Play (Round Rock)- Tuesday, December 3 from 1:30- 3:00 p.m. If you are simply running from structured activity to structured activity and your kids are over scheduled with lessons, consider cutting back a little and adding in some free-time play! Every Tuesday from 1:30pm – 3:00pm, BabyEarth will set up our play area with a variety of blocks and toys for your little one to explore. FREE!! BabyEarth, 106 East Old Settlers Boulevard, Round Rock.
- Chanukah Party- Tuesday, December 3 at 5 p.m Austinites are invited to attend a FREE Chanukah Party and the inauguration of the Hebrew Preparatory School Bais Menachem (HPSBM) Outdoor Playground. Event activities will include: Enjoying Sufganyot and Latkes, Lighting of the Menorah, Delighting in exciting carnival games, Watching a Chanukah show presented by the HPSBM, Playing on the HPSBM’s new and improved playground, Lots of fun for the entire family! BBQ for sale. Bais Menachem Hebrew Academy of Austin, 2127 W. Parmer Lane.
- LEGO Lab- Tuesday, December 3 at 5 p.m. With Legos, you can build anything you can imagine and tell any story you can dream up. Come to the Lego Lab to hear, see, make, and create different stories, all while building with Legos provided by the Library! Recommended for ages 5 and up. FREE!! Cepeda Branch Public Library, 651 N. Pleasant Valley.
- Discovery! Paper Crafts- Tuesday, December 3 at 4:40 p.m. Holiday paper crafts for the whole family! No matter your skill level, we’ll have paper crafts for kiddos to adults. FREE!! laura’s Library, 9411 Bee Cave Road.
- Lego Monthly Mini Model Build: Rocking Horse- Tuesday, December 3 at 5:00 p.m. Visit your local LEGO Store on the first Tuesday of every month and you can learn how to build a cool mini model, and take it home – for free! Quantities are limited and offer is good while supplies last only. A new model will be available every month and will be specially themed to that month – ask a Store Associate for details! Models are not for sale and cannot be purchased. One free per child. Event is open to children ages 6 to 14 only. LEGO Store, Barton Creek Square Mall, 2901 S. Capital of Texas Highway.
- Mueller’s 8th Annual Tower Lighting Ceremony- Tuesday, December 3 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The event will be jam-packed with live music, holiday treats and activities for the whole family. Austin City Manager Marc Ott will help us honor a holiday tradition that dates back to the 1960s by turning on the NOEL lights on the historic control tower. FREE!! Mueller Tower at Berkman and Tom Miller Street
- Whole Foods Storytime- Wednesday, December 4 from 9-10:30 am. Enjoy a storytime that includes a FREE story reading, an activity, and a snack! All ages are welcome, and parents can participate, too! Whole Foods, 525 N. Lamar Blvd.
- Whole Foods Arbor Trails Kids Club- Wednesday, December 4 at 9:00 a.m. Join us for Story time and a craft every Wednesday with Gracie. FREE!! Whole Foods, 4301 W. William Cannon, Bldg B, Ste 800.
- Feliz Navidad: Christmas Around the World Storytime- Wednesday, December 4 at 10:30 a.m. Feliz Navidad! Merry Christmas! Buone Feste Natalizie! Pleae join us to celebrate all the ways Christmas is celebrated around the world! FREE!! BookPeople, 603 N. Lamar Blvd.
- National Geographic Kids’ Weird World Experience- Wednesday, December 4 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Come play with virtual dinosaurs, dolphins, leopards, and more in this weird augmented- reality experience. FREE!! Whole Foods, 525 N. Lamar Blvd.
- Barnes and Noble Storytime- Wednesday, December 4, times vary by location. All ages. FREE!! Barnes and Noble, La Frontera Village, 2701 Parker Road Bldg A Suite 700, Round Rock; Lakeline Crossing, 14010 US Hwy. 183; Sunset Valley Village, 5601 Brodie Lane Suite 300.
- The Driskill’s Tree Lighting- Wednesday, December 4 at 6 p.m. Enjoy choral performances, sweet bites, & cider in celebration of the annual Lighting of The Driskill Tree, honoring Ben Breedlove. In partnership with the acclaimed Escoffier School of the Culinary Arts, students will present a gingerbread replica of The Driskill. Ring in the holidays with seasonal music from Austin’s own Arundel Ensemble String Quartet. FREE!! The Driskill, 604 Brazos Street.
- A Christmas Story- Wednesday, December 4 at 7:30 p.m. Based on the classic holiday film, young Ralphie and his quest for the Red Rider B.B. Gun comes to delightful life on stage! Visions of pink bunny suits, tongues stuck on flagpoles, turkey loving dogs and Pop’s beloved fishnet leg lamp will make all your family’s Christmas sugar-plum wishes come true. Cost: tickets start at $60. ZACH Theatre, 1510 Toomey Road.
- Family Night at Krispy Kreme – Wednesday, December 4, from 6 – 8 p.m. Kids are invited to get a FREE doughnut, which they can frost and sprinkle themselves. Families can also enjoy arts and crafts. Both Austin locations (12586 Research Blvd and 701 E. Stassney) and the San Marcos location (121 N. IH-35).
- Cafe Monet at Safari Champ (Round Rock)- Thursday, December 5 at 10 a.m. Fired and Glazed Christmas Ornaments craft for the kids to enjoy. Cost is $12 + Tax. Safari Champ, 1400 East Old Settlers Blvd, # 200, Round Rock.
- National Geographic Kids’ Weird World Experience- Thursday, December 5 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Come play with virtual dinosaurs, dolphins, leopards, and more in this weird augmented- reality experience. FREE!! Whole Foods, 525 N. Lamar Blvd.
- Explorers Club: Crafty Kids (Cedar Park)- Thursday, December 5, from 3:30- 4:00pm. Each Thursday, kids in grades K-5 meet at 3:30 to explore a set of rotating monthly programs. FREE!! Cedar Park Library, 550 Discovery Blvd., Cedar Park.
- First Thursday on South Congress – Thursday, December 5, from 5 – 10 p.m. Jo’s Coffee on South Congress is hosting a special First Thursday Holiday event! The Texas Tycoons will be playing from 7-10 p.m. Attendees can enjoy holiday shopping from one of the many vendor tents outside of Jo’s Coffee. Guests are invited to snap a picture with Santa, or just tell him what they want for Christmas this year. He’ll be hanging out in front of the “I Love You So Much” wall from 6-8 p.m. Bring your own camera to take pics with Santa for FREE. There will also be a photographer available to take $5 photos, which will be delivered by email. Jo’s Hot Coffee and Good Food, 1300 South Congress, Austin.
- Upcycle This- Thursday, December 5 from 6- 7:30 p.m. Please join us in creating upcycled art such as paper jewelry, book folding and other activities that involve the reuse of materials that might otherwise go into the landfill. FREE!! Recycled Reads Bookstore, 5335 Burnet Road.
- Live Music at Central Market- Thursday, December 5 from 6:30- 9pm. Blackbird 3 plays a lively mix of hard-bop, blues, New Orleans, Latin jazz, and soul groove jazz, but the group is best defined as a hard swingin’ jazz trio rooted in the bebop and post bop traditions. FREE admission, free music and play. All you need to buy is dinner. Central Market, 4001 N. Lamar Blvd.
- A Christmas Story- Thursday, December 5 at 7:30 p.m. Based on the classic holiday film, young Ralphie and his quest for the Red Rider B.B. Gun comes to delightful life on stage! Visions of pink bunny suits, tongues stuck on flagpoles, turkey loving dogs and Pop’s beloved fishnet leg lamp will make all your family’s Christmas sugar-plum wishes come true. Cost: tickets start at $60. ZACH Theatre, 1510 Toomey Road.
- National Geographic Kids’ Weird World Experience- Friday, December 6 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Come play with virtual dinosaurs, dolphins, leopards, and more in this weird augmented- reality experience. FREE!! Whole Foods, 525 N. Lamar Blvd.
- Reading Dog at Westlake Library- Friday, December 6 from 3:30- 4:30 p.m. Handler Neel with Dog Joey will be at Westbank Library to read with kiddos or visit with them. Pre-readers and readers are welcome. No registration is required. FREE!! Westbank Library, 1309 Westbank Drive.
- North Pole in the South – Friday, December 6, from 3 – 6 p.m. Play in the snow with National Geographic Kids. There will be sledding, weird snow sculpture building, raffle prizes, and more. Admission is FREE. The Rise School of Austin, 5206 Balcones Dr., Austin.
- Hancock Holiday Candle Trail – Friday, December 6 (and Saturday, December 7), from dusk – 9 p.m. Join your neighbors and family to walk the trails of thousands of luminaries on and around Hancock Recreation Center and Golf Course. Enjoy hot chocolate, holiday carols, and a visit from a special guest. FREE for the family. Hancock Rec Center, 811 E 41st St, Austin .
- A Christmas Story- Friday, December 6 at 7:30 p.m. Based on the classic holiday film, young Ralphie and his quest for the Red Rider B.B. Gun comes to delightful life on stage! Visions of pink bunny suits, tongues stuck on flagpoles, turkey loving dogs and Pop’s beloved fishnet leg lamp will make all your family’s Christmas sugar-plum wishes come true. Cost: tickets start at $60. ZACH Theatre, 1510 Toomey Road.