- Veterans Day Parade – Monday, November 11 at 9 a.m. The event kicks off at 9 a.m. at the Ann W. Richards Congress Bridge and travels up to the Capitol building. Viewing is available all along Congress Avenue and there will be a reviewing stand at the Stephen F. Austin Hotel at Congress and 7th. Stay for the 11 a.m. ceremony at the South Capitol steps.
- Baby Bloomers: Trikes and Bikes– Monday, November 11 from 9-11 a.m. Storytime begins at 9:30 a.m. and then a sing-a-long with Mr. Louis from Armstrong Community Music School begins at 10:00 a.m. Mueller Lake Park, Mueller Blvd., Austin.
- LBJ Presidential Library – Monday, November 11, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Active military always receive FREE admission. On Veterans Day, admission is FREE for all! 2313 Red River Street, Austin.
- Petting Zoo Playgroup (Pflugerville)– Monday, November 11 at 10 and 11am. Each session lasts for one hour and includes: and interactive storytime, 15-20 minutes of holding and petting the animals, craft or activity and possible balloons and bubbles. Cost: $10 per child. Must register. Toy Time, 101-B Pecan Street W., Pflugerville.
- Kids Music Class with Mr. Will– Monday, November 11 at 10:00 – 10:45 a.m. Mr. Will’s popular music class now has a residency! Find him every Monday morning at the Buzz for a fun and interactive kid’s live music! FREE!! Whole Foods Bee Cave, 12601 Hill Country Blvd.
- Storytime at Brilliant Sky Toys & Books – Monday, November 11 at 11a.m. Miss Jessamine will captivate your child with a variety of stories and related crafts. FREE! Brilliant Sky Toys & Books, The Village at West Lake (360 and Bee Caves Rd), 701 S. Capital of Texas Hwy Suite D-480, Austin.
- Baby Play Group (Round Rock) – Monday, November 11, from 3:30- 4:30 p.m. Join us every Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoon for Baby Play Group! We sing songs, play with a parachute and let babies have lots of interactive, social, free-play time. This group is perfect for non-walkers. FREE!! Baby Earth, 106 East Old Settlers Boulevard, Round Rock.
- Big Band Bash (Lakeway) – Monday, November 11, from 7:30- 9:30 p.m. Put on your dancing shoes and bring your own beverages and snacks to enjoy big band music from the 17-piece Republic of Texas Big Band, featuring David Cummings and Lisa Clark on vocals. This event is FREE and open to all ages. The band accepts donations after the show. Sponsored by the Lakeway Arts Committee. FREE!! Lakeway Activity Center, 105 Cross Creek Road.
- Books are the Best Storytime– Tuesday, November 12 at 10:30 a.m. You may not know this about us, but we LOVE books. In fact, we get together every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday morning just to share some of our favorites. So, you can see why we would be concerned to hear there’s a Snatchabook somewhere out there on the loose! Come down this morning and hear all about the Snatchabook along with other tales about stories and books. FREE!! BookPeople, 603 N. Lamar Blvd.
- Sing-A-Long with Staci Gray (Round Rock)– Tuesday, November 12 at 10:30 a.m. Come sing and dance in the bubbles with Staci and then enjoy this wonderful indoor playscape at this weekly event! Cost: $3.00 children 12-23 months, $7.50 children 24 months or older. Safari Champ, 1400 East Old Settlers Blvd, # 200, Round Rock.
- Music with Mr. Will at Brilliant Sky Toys & Books – Tuesday, November 12 at 11:30 a.m. Rock out with local children’s singer, “Mr. Will” Dupuy. FREE!! Brilliant Sky Toys & Books, The Village at West Lake (360 and Bee Caves Rd), 701 S. Capital of Texas Hwy Suite D-480, Austin.
- Free Time Play (Round Rock)– Tuesday, November 12, from 1:30- 3:00 p.m. If you are simply running from structured activity to structured activity and your kids are over scheduled with lessons, consider cutting back a little and adding in some free-time play! Every Tuesday from 1:30pm – 3:00pm, BabyEarth will set up our play area with a variety of blocks and toys for your little one to explore. FREE!! BabyEarth, 106 East Old Settlers Boulevard, Round Rock.
- Discovery! Writing (Bee Cave)– Tuesday, November 12, from 4:30- 5:50 p.m. The Discovery hands on program explores all sorts of different topics, including science, literature, and much more!The writing workshop is recommended for Fourth Grade and up, including middle schoolers. The Flash Fiction Novel – Ever thought about writing a novel? How about writing a novel… in an hour? If it sounds impossible, you haven’t met this group of young writers! In honor of National Novel Writing Month, we’ll be trying our hand at writing a collaborative flash-fiction-novel, complete with illustrations. Come for fun, and share your ideas! FREE!! Laura’s Library, 9411 Bee Cave Road.
- Family Movie Night: Because of Winn Dixie – Tuesday, November 12 at 6:30 p.m. Enjoy this FREE movie about a mischievous dog who befriends a lonely young girl in a new town and helps her make new friends. Twin Oaks Branch of Austin Public Library, 1800 S. Fifth Street, Austin.
- Barnes and Noble Storytime– Wednesday, November 13, times vary by location. All ages. FREE!! Barnes and Noble, La Frontera Village, 2701 Parker Road Bldg A Suite 700, Round Rock; Lakeline Crossing, 14010 US Hwy. 183; Sunset Valley Village, 5601 Brodie Lane Suite 300.
- Fit4Mom Austin Metro: Grand Opening of Stroller Strides at Dick Nichols Park – Wednesday, November 13 at 9 a.m. Join Fit4Mom Austin Metro – Stroller Strides for a Grand Opening celebration of a new location! There will be snacks, goodies, giveaways, and awesome Swag Bags from MetroMoms – Austin. The celebration is FREE, but registration is requested. Dick Nichols Park, 8011 Beckett Road, Austin.
- Whole Foods Storytime– Wednesday, November 13, from 9-10:30 a.m. Enjoy a reading, an activity, and a snack! All ages are welcome, and parents can participate, too! FREE!! Whole Foods, 525 N. Lamar Blvd. on the Mezzanine.
- Music with Mar (Round Rock)– Wednesday, November 13, from 9:15- 10:00 a.m. Music with Mar is a class where a caregiver and child (ages birth through preschool) participate together in musical activities. These classes are focused on the four main areas of development – cognitive, social, motor and language. Classes are drop-in, so no advance sign-up needed. The class costs $7, payable directly to Angie, the class leader. Music With Mar classes are every Wednesday. Baby Earth, 106 East Old Settlers Boulevard, Round Rock.
- Ms. Staci Storytime– Wednesday, November 13 at 10:30 a.m. Staci is back in the store this morning to read some of her favorite stories and to sing some of your favorite songs. Kids, don’t forget your dancing shoes today! You’re going to be moved to dance to some great tunes. FREE!! BookPeople, 603 N. Lamar Blvd.
- LEGO Lab– Wednesday, November 13 at 4 p.m. With Legos, you can build anything you can imagine and tell any story you can dream up. Come to the Lego Lab to hear, see, make, and create different stories, all while building with Legos provided by the Library! Recommended for ages 5 and up. FREE!! Carver Branch Library, 1161 Angelina Street.
- Family Night at Krispy Kreme – Wednesday, November 13, from 6 – 8 p.m. Kids are invited to get a FREE doughnut, which they can frost and sprinkle themselves. Families can also enjoy arts and crafts. Both Austin locations (12586 Research Blvd and 701 E. Stassney) and the San Marcos location (121 N. IH-35).
- Story Crafternoons: Owls (Pflugerville)- Thursday, November 14, 3:30- 4:30 p.m. Listen to a story and make a craft. FREE!! Pflugerville Public Library, 1008 W. Pfluger Street, Pflugerville.
- Live Music at Central Market- Thursday, November 14 from 6:30- 9pm. Ms. Jones plays funky, bluesy, renditions of jazz with some classic rock and pop thrown in for wow affect. Band covers anyone from Britney Spears and Nirvana to Sarah Vaughn and Led Zeppelin. Tameca Jones is the mellifluous Tina Turner of jazz. FREE admission, free music and play. All you need to buy is dinner. Central Market, 4001 N. Lamar Blvd.
- Austin Fan Fest – Thursday, November 14, from 5 p.m. to midnight. Get in on the Grand Prix fun at this FREE, four-day festival held in the heart of the Warehouse and 2nd Street Districts downtown. Austin Fan Fest will feature 12 activity zones spread across 12 square blocks, with live music on six stages.
- Literature Live! Presents Jack and the Beanstalk– Friday, November 15 at Noon. When hungry young Jack trades his family’s cow for a peddler’s beans, his life takes a magical turn! Watch the trailer for Jack and the Beanstalk, and then join us for this not-so-traditional puppet show! For ages 4 and up. FREE!! Terrazas Branch Public Library, 1105 E. Cesar Chavez.
- Friday Family Films (Bee Cave)– Friday, November 15 at 4:00 p.m. Join us at Laura’s Library to watch Beauty and the Beast. FREE!! Laura’s Library, 9411 Bee Cave Road.
- Austin Fan Fest – Friday, November 15, from noon to midnight. Get in on the Grand Prix fun at this FREE, four-day festival held in the heart of the Warehouse and 2nd Street Districts downtown. Austin Fan Fest will feature 12 activity zones spread across 12 square blocks, with live music on six stages.