want to be a writer but never quite find the time?
tell yourself you’ll be a writer someday?
need inspiration (or a little kick in the ass)?
want to write a book but you’re not sure how?
love the idea of joining a community of writers like you?
Have you always wanted to be a writer?
In a city full of would-be creatives, three Austin writers, including 2 published novelists, have founded a new creative start-up (Writership) connecting writers from around the country with a year-long virtual program.
Co-founders Alyssa Archer, Leslie Watts and Jennifer Hritz PhD. bring a combined half-century of experience writing, editing, teaching and publishing in a variety of genres. Their goal? To help aspiring writers from all walks of life tell their stories.
Writership.org, launching in March 2014, consists of:
· “Daily Gem” – emailed tips, tools, prompts, interviews and articles
· Formal syllabus with live webinars, online classes and workshops
· A personalized accountability support network plus a private Writership Facebook community
· In-depth critiques from professional editors
· Three day master class retreats and end of program Jubilee held in Austin
Curious? Join them at a FREE Shavasana Writing Workshop on February 22, 2014.
“If you only have five minutes for yoga, go straight to shavasana,” my yoga mentor used to say. Shavasana quiets the mind and allows the intuition and spirit to clearly speak to us. In this ninety-minute session, we will first revisit the guide-lines for freewriting. We will then center our-selves with a period of shavasana. Upon the close of shavasana, we will let the revelations of our meditations flow from our heart to our hands to the page. Our freewriting session will be followed by a sharing segment. You may share as much or as little of the experience as you’d like. Please join us for this free workshop at Mind Body Yoga.
- Date & Time: Saturday, February 22, 2014 at 3:00 p.m
- Location: Mind Body Yoga (12636 Research Blvd C-206, Austin)
- Cost: Free
- RSVP: http://www.writership.org/free-writing-workshops/2014/2/22/shavasana-writing (RSVP required)