Commemorate the United Nations’ World Refugee Day at the Bullock Museum with a naturalization ceremony, free samples of world cuisine, live music and performances, and activities for families with kids ages 6 and up.
June 20, 2015 11:00am – 3:00pm
- At 12 p.m., watch a naturalization ceremony led by Federal Judge Robert Pitman in the Texas Spirit Theater. Space is limited!
- Beginning at 1 p.m., try free samples of world cuisine, courtesy of Rosemary’s Catering, while supplies last.
- Enjoy the international music and performances from 1 p.m.-3p.m.
- Discover what the journey of a refugee is like, from home country to the United States, through a learning game sponsored by Caritas of Austin and Refugee Services of Texas.
- Refugee families can get a free family portrait taken by Barclay Wright Photography.
- Find out how furniture store IKEA and the Multicultural Refugee Coalition have partnered up to provide Austin-area refugees with sustainable employment.
- See a stunning visual display of traditional clothing from several countries represented in the Austin refugee community, sponsored by Center for Survivors of Torture and Interfaith Action of Central Texas.
Banner image courtesy of Steve Moakley.