- Baby Bloomers: Cars- Monday, November 18 from 9-11 a.m. This Monday we will be all about cars and trucks at Baby Bloomers. We will be starting our engines at 9 with some activities, have storytime at 9:30am and then Heartsong Music will join us at 10am to share their internationally recognized music and movement program! Mueller Lake Park, Mueller Blvd., Austin.
- Kids Music Class with Mr. Will- Monday, November 18 at 10:00 – 10:45 a.m. Mr. Will’s popular music class now has a residency! Find him every Monday morning at the Buzz for a fun and interactive kid’s live music! FREE!! Whole Foods Bee Cave, 12601 Hill Country Blvd.
- Storytime at Brilliant Sky Toys & Books – Monday, November 18 at 11a.m. Miss Jessamine will captivate your child with a variety of stories and related crafts. FREE! Brilliant Sky Toys & Books, The Village at West Lake (360 and Bee Caves Rd), 701 S. Capital of Texas Hwy Suite D-480, Austin.
- Bilingual Storytime (Pflugerville)- Monday, November 18 at 11:00 a.m. Bilingual (English & Spanish) story time builds language and social skills through different reading activities, songs, rhymes and fun. Brief craft follows story time. Materials provided while supplies last. FREE!! Pflugerville Public Library, 1008 W. Pfluger Street, Pflugerville.
- Literature Live! Presents Jack and the Beanstalk- Monday, November 18 at 3:30 p.m. When hungry young Jack trades his family’s cow for a peddler’s beans, his life takes a magical turn! Watch the trailer for Jack and the Beanstalk, and then join us for this not-so-traditional puppet show! For ages 4 and up. FREE!! Howson Branch Public Library, 2500 Exposition Blvd.
- Baby Play Group (Round Rock) - Monday, November 18, from 3:30- 4:30 p.m. Join us every Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoon for Baby Play Group! We sing songs, play with a parachute and let babies have lots of interactive, social, free-play time. This group is perfect for non-walkers. FREE!! Baby Earth, 106 East Old Settlers Boulevard, Round Rock.
- Armstrong Community School Storytime- Tuesday, November 19 at 10:30 a.m. Come sing song with Walter Tragert, one of the talented Early Childhood Development faculty members from the Armstrong Community School. Mr. Walter will engage your child with music and movement, plus he’ll read some stories for you too! This session is perfect for kids up to 6 years old. FREE!! BookPeople, 603 N. Lamar Blvd.
- Sing-A-Long with Staci Gray (Round Rock)- Tuesday, November 19 at 10:30 a.m. Come sing and dance in the bubbles with Staci and then enjoy this wonderful indoor playscape at this weekly event! Cost: $3.00 children 12-23 months, $7.50 children 24 months or older. Safari Champ, 1400 East Old Settlers Blvd, # 200, Round Rock.
- Music with Mr. Will at Brilliant Sky Toys & Books – Tuesday, November 19 at 11:30 a.m. Rock out with local children’s singer, “Mr. Will” Dupuy. FREE!! Brilliant Sky Toys & Books, The Village at West Lake (360 and Bee Caves Rd), 701 S. Capital of Texas Hwy Suite D-480, Austin.
- Free Time Play (Round Rock)- Tuesday, November 19, from 1:30- 3:00 p.m. If you are simply running from structured activity to structured activity and your kids are over scheduled with lessons, consider cutting back a little and adding in some free-time play! Every Tuesday from 1:30pm – 3:00pm, BabyEarth will set up our play area with a variety of blocks and toys for your little one to explore. FREE!! BabyEarth, 106 East Old Settlers Boulevard, Round Rock.
- Discovery! Improv with Friends- Tuesday, November 19, from 4:30- 5:30 p.m. The Flying Theater Machine will create a fun and supportive environment for kids to learn the basics of creating improv, story telling, and stagecraft. The classes are taught primarily through games, play, and improved stories. This program is appropriate for 1st Graders and up. If you are younger, you are welcome to try the class and see how it goes! FREE!! Laura’s Library, 9411 Bee Cave Road.
- LEGO Lab - Tuesday, November 19 at 4 p.m. With Legos, you can build anything you can imagine and tell any story you can dream up. Come to the Lego Lab to hear, see, make, and create different stories, all while building with Legos provided by the Library! Recommended for ages 5 and up. FREE!! Faulk Central Library, 800 Guadalupe.
- Pajama Storytime- Tuesday, November 19 at 6:30 p.m. Come cuddle at the Westbank Library! Kids of all ages, get comfy in your favorite pajamas, grab your sleepy toy and come for the best bedtime stories ever. The milk and snacks are on us! FREE!! Westbank Library, 1309 Westbank Drive.
- Whole Foods Storytime- Wednesday, November 20, from 9-10:30 a.m. Enjoy a reading, an activity, and a snack! All ages are welcome, and parents can participate, too! FREE!! Whole Foods, 525 N. Lamar Blvd. on the Mezzanine.
- Tiny Tails To You Petting Zoo Storytime- Wednesday, November 20 at 10:30 a.m. If you’re a fan of chinchillas, bunnies, ducklings, guinea pigs, chickens AND stories then you’re in luck! Today our friends from Tiny Tails to You will be reading stories and introducing some of the cutest, softest, most adorable little creatures in Austin! What a wonderful way to make new friends. FREE!! BookPeople, 603 N. Lamar Blvd.
- Barnes and Noble Storytime- Wednesday, November 20, times vary by location. All ages. FREE!! Barnes and Noble, La Frontera Village, 2701 Parker Road Bldg A Suite 700, Round Rock; Lakeline Crossing, 14010 US Hwy. 183; Sunset Valley Village, 5601 Brodie Lane Suite 300.
- Family Night at Krispy Kreme – Wednesday, November 20, from 6 – 8 p.m. Kids are invited to get a FREE doughnut, which they can frost and sprinkle themselves. Families can also enjoy arts and crafts. Both Austin locations (12586 Research Blvd and 701 E. Stassney) and the San Marcos location (121 N. IH-35).
- Mama Singer Songwriter Series- Thursday, November 21 at 10:30 a.m. Come hear the great tunes of Annie Benjamin. Let the kiddos play and meet some new friends! FREE!! Central Market, 4001 N. Lamar Blvd.
- Third Thursday at The Blanton – Thursday, November 21, from noon – 7:30 p.m. Museum admission and programs are FREE on Thursday. Enjoy yoga, live music in the galleries, talks, and more. Blanton Museum of Art, The University of Texas at Austin, 200 E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Austin.
- Thankfully Simple Baby Food Class – Thursday, November 21, from 2 – 3 p.m. Do you know how simple it can be to make your own baby food? Join Taste & See Healthy Baby Food for a few tips on making your own baby food. FREE!! Register online by sending a message on the Taste & See website. The Natural Baby Co., 515 S. Congress, Ste. 200, Austin.
- Story Crafternoons (Pflugerville)- Thursday, November 21, 3:30- 4:30 p.m. Listen to a story and make a craft. FREE!! Pflugerville Public Library, 1008 W. Pfluger Street, Pflugerville.
- Explorers Club: Lego Lab (Cedar Park)- Thursday, November 21, from 3:30- 4:00pm. Each Thursday, kids in grades K-5 meet at 3:30 to explore a set of rotating monthly programs. FREE!! Cedar Park Library, 550 Discovery Blvd., Cedar Park.
- Turkey Craft Time- Thursday, November 21 from 4:30- 5:15 p.m. It’s TURKEY time! With Thanksgiving just around the corner, our craft this week will be a fun Turkey Hand print, perfect for that sweet keepsake on the fridge! The Austin Diaper Bank will join us for this craft, and they are in need of disposable diapers for all age groups, especially larger sizes (4, 5, 6), so please bring a package to donate!! For 18 months and up. FREE!! Baby Earth, 106 E Old Settlers Blvd Ste D-100, Round Rock.
- Welcome Santa to Hill Country Galleria (Bee Cave) – Thursday, November 21, from 6 – 9 p.m. Head to the 7th Annual Tree Lighting event and Santa’s arrival at Hill Country Galleria! Enjoy holiday music by The Vintage 15, face painting, and holiday carolers! The fun starts at 6 p.m., then Santa will arrive at 7 p.m. along with the lighting of the holiday tree, and a FREE firework show! Hill Country Galleria, 13500 Galleria Circle, Austin.
- Game On Austin – Thursday, November 21, from 6 – 9 p.m. The Austin Chronicle and SXSW Gaming invites you to Game On Austin, where local individuals and studios showcase their work. The goal is to give Austinites a chance to interact with art being made around them without the stuffiness and cost of a conference. In years past the event has featured popular titles as well as independent developers showing off more casual and experimental games, and this year will be no different with new and unreleased titles on display. FREE and open to the public. Empire Control Room & Garage, 606 E. 7th St., Austin.
- Live Music at Central Market- Thursday, November 21 from 6:30- 9pm. The Peterson Brothers have that big blues sound that just might make them the next blues explosion from Austin. FREE admission, free music and play. All you need to buy is dinner. Central Market, 4001 N. Lamar Blvd.
- Family Movie Night: Monsters University- Thursday, November 21 at 6:30 p.m. A look at the relationship between Mike and Sulley during their days at Monsters University — when they weren’t necessarily the best of friends. FREE!! Manchaca Road Branch Library, 5500 Manchaca Road.
- Literature Live! Presents Jack and the Beanstalk- Friday, November 22 at 10:15 a.m. When hungry young Jack trades his family’s cow for a peddler’s beans, his life takes a magical turn! Watch the trailer for Jack and the Beanstalk, and then join us for this not-so-traditional puppet show! For ages 4 and up. FREE!! Southeast Branch Public Library, 5803 Nuckols Crossing Road.
- Kids Sewing Activity by Seana (Round Rock)- Friday, November 22 at 10:30 a.m. Join Move Make Create for a Turkey Bean Bag sewing activity. Cost: $5 per child. Safari Chanp, 1400 East Old Settlers Blvd, # 200, Round Rock.
- Storytime Art: Turkeys- Friday, November 22 at 10:45 a.m. Storytime Art, or StArt! is a great opportunity for your young child to experience art! Storytimes are geared to the 2 – 6 year old preschooler, but some projects could easily translate into a Mommy and Me project for those a little younger. And, of course, anyone older is welcome, as well! Storytimes always include at least one book and a related art project, but often include surprises like songs, poems, and coloring pages. Cost is $12 per child, or buy a punch-card and get 6 classes for $60! Gobble, gobble! Let’s have fun reading and singing about turkeys! Storytime will start with a turkey handprint craft and end with painting the cutest turkey figurines. The Art Garage, 11190 Circle Drive, Suite 202.
- Teddy Bear Picnic in Pajamas- Friday, November 22 at 11:00 a.m. Bring a picnic for inside and your teddy bears, and don’t forget to wear your pajamas! Lori Strong of Strong Little Sleepers will be here to read a story about hibernating bears. She’ll be available to answer your questions about sleep issues you may be having with your little ones. Invite a friend! FREE!! Toybrary Austin, 7817 Rockwood, Ste 101, Austin.