1. Free Admission to Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum - Friday, December 27, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Saturday, December 28 and Sunday, December 29, from noon – 4 p.m. In the Spirit of Giving, the UMLAUF invites you to visit for FREE this weekend. Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum, 605 Robert E. Lee Road, Austin.
2. Alamo Kids’ Camp – Friday, December 27 – Sunday, December 29. FREE movies for children age 3 and up. Times vary by location. This weekend you can see Hugo (Alamo Lakeline), Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events (Slaughter Lane), and The Adventures of Tintin (Alamo Village).
3. Holiday Family Days at the Blanton – Friday, December 27 and Saturday, December 28, from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Celebrate the holidays by traveling to Augsburg, one of Germany’s oldest cities. Discover the process of printmaking by creating your own set of greeting cards and enjoy family-friendly gallery games that will take you on a hands-on journey through the special exhibition Imperial Augsburg and the permanent collection. Program is FREE with museum admission; admission for children 12 and under is always FREE. Blanton Museum of Art, 200 E Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Austin.
4. Final Weekend to Spin Under the Tree – Friday, December 27 – Sunday, December 29, from 6 p.m. – midnight. The Zilker Holiday Tree will be on display nightly until December 31. Zilker Park, 2100 Barton Springs Road, Austin.
5. Mozart’s Coffee Roasters Light Show – Friday, December 27 – Sunday, December 29. Mozart’s Coffee Roasters offers a FREE 12-minute light show set to music. Shows start at the top of each hour: 6 p.m., 7 p.m., 8 p.m., 9 p.m., 10 p.m., 11 p.m., and midnight. Mozart’s Coffee Roasters, 3825 Lake Austin Blvd., Austin.
6. ToysInBox at Barton Creek Farmer’s Market – Saturday, December 28, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. All ages are invited to buy toys from kid vendors. Barton Creek Farmers Market, 2901 S Capital of Texas Hwy, Austin.
7. What’s the Story Steve? – Saturday, December 28 at 10 a.m. This holiday season, Steve the improvising poodle and his friends welcome musical duo Nick and Amber! Holiday songs inspire original, improvised stories, performed by the What’s the Story Steve? cast with help from the audience! Lighthearted, high energy and hilarious, help Steve and his friends deck the halls! All ages welcome. Pay what you wish. ColdTowne Theater, 4803 Airport Blvd., Austin.
8. Big Don at Strange Brew, Lounge Side – Saturday, December 28 at 10 a.m. Enjoy a FREE kid’s show. Big Don’s energetic and charismatic live performances will light up any stage and leave the audience rewarded with a spectacular experience. Strange Brew, 5326 Manchaca Rd, Austin.
9. Storytime at BookPeople – Saturday, December 28 at 11:30 a.m. Who can resist the allure of a brand-new tractor sparkling in the morning sun or an endless string of shiny train cars stretching as far as the eye can see? If you’re nodding in agreement, then you’ll want to come hear How to Train a Train, along with other stories about all the different kinds of miraculous machines that rumble and rattle and go! FREE!! BookPeople, 603 N. Lamar, Austin.
10. Free Hour at the Thinkery – Sunday, December 29, from 5 – 6 p.m. Admission is FREE for the last hour, every Sunday night. Thinkery, 1830 Simond Ave, Austin.
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]http://www.livemom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Picture-2.png[/author_image] [author_info]Heidi Gollub loves exploring Austin and beyond with her 5 kids. For more local adventures for families, visit FreeFuninAustin.com. [/author_info] [/author]